In his perspective rigor he embodies the dream of Federico da Montefeltro, shared by the artists who surrounded him, to build the ideal city of the Renaissance. Wandering through the alleys, palaces and squares, one realizes that the Duke did not go so far from the goal. Indeed, the historic center of Urbino is protected as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. In a few hundred square meters, a patrimony is concentrated that has marked the art and architecture of Europe for many decades.
More Info: www.vieniaurbino.it
Connoisseurs are well acquainted with the White Truffle of Acqualagna, and they know that it is probably second only to that of Alba, famous throughout the world, even to non-experts … Here is an identikit of this highly appreciated underground mushroom, to which every year is dedicated a fair of international importance.
Acqualagna is a town of about 4500 inhabitants located in the Marche, in the province of Pesaro and Urbino, known as the “capital of the truffle” due to the centuries-old tradition of research and marketing of this fruit of the earth.
Thanks to the climate and the type of terrain in the area, in the territory of Acqualagna you can taste excellent truffles throughout the year, of various species depending on the season.
More Info: www.cittadeltartufo.com
Gola del Furlo
The Gola del Furlo is an ancient formation born as a result of the erosion of the Candigliano river that flows between Mount Pietralata (888 meters) and Mount Paganuccio (976 meters): the result is the creation of a true wonder of Nature.
Where is it? The Gola del Furlo is located along the ancient and original route of the Via Flaminia in the stretch along the Candigliano river, between the Municipalities of Fermignano and Acqualagna of the province of Pesaro-Urbino. It was the Etruscans who first crossed the Gola del Furlo, then it was the turn of the Romans who built the ancient Via Flaminia, as well as a large gallery that was built by Emperor Vespasian between 76 and 77 AD, which is still working.
In this natural valley the enormous rocky walls rise for hundreds of meters between the clear, green waters of the lake. Throughout history, the gorge has reached a considerable depth that has been drastically reduced due to a dam built in 1922, which has transformed the impetuous waterway into a beautiful lake.
More Info: www.riservagoladelfurlo.it
The theater, named after Gioachino Rossini in 1859, still proposes itself in its eighteenth-century appearance, with the austere façade divided by pilasters and string courses.
Inside, the hall is marked by four tiers of boxes plus the gallery. Stage and cavea occupy an equivalent space. The recent restoration brought to light some splendid eighteenth-century stucco decorations and, above all, brought to light interesting frescoes within the first three tiers of boxes, to be traced back to the intervention of Leandro Marconi from 1819, who modified the curves of the stages, structuring the proscenium differently and adding the gallery. The frescos are floral and grotesque decorations in bright colors including geometric mirrors outlined on a gray-blue background.
In its overall lines, the theater of Lugo stands as one of the most interesting Italian-style theaters in Emilia Romagna, and presents significant points of tangency, in the design, with the Municipal of Bologna, also a work of Bibiena.
More Info: www.teatrorossini.it
The Fano Carnival is the oldest in Italy, after the one in Venice. Allegorical carts, wacky music and sweets are the typical elements of the party. The motto of the Fano Carnival is “Beautiful to see and sweet to taste”.
The most original peculiarity in Fano, which makes one think a little about the Made in Germany Carnival, is in fact the “Jet”: quintals of chocolates, sweets and various delicacies are launched from the floats in the parade and everyone, big and small, is made in 4 to recover a dose of sweetness. In reality there is something for everyone and there is no need to worry too much.
More Info: www.carnevaledifano.com
Sea - Hill - Culture
It stands on the shore of the Adriatic Sea (12 km south of Pesaro), with the historic center placed on a flat plate less than 3 km north of the mouth of the Metauro. Set back on both sides, the hilly systems that delimit the outlet of the river valley in the wide coastal plain are the background.
It is in Fano, the Fanum Fortunae that Gaius Julius Caesar presided over with a cohort (45 BC), that the consular road Flaminia (218 BC) reached (and still reaches today) the sea. Later the emperor Caesar Octavian Augustus deduced the Colonia Julia Fanestris, ascribed to the Pollia tribe and made safe with the construction of the strong walled wall (still partially preserved) with relative defensive towers and the monumental Augustus Gate (9 AD) with its three open arches on the decumanus maximus.
More Info: www.turismofano.com
We can say with certainty that a systematic search for speleologists and geologists in the area of Frasassi began in 1948, thanks to the activity of the Ancona Speleological Group of Ancona. It must be remembered, however, that even in the period between the two wars there were some explorations and researches by scholars of prehistory and natural sciences, but they were sporadic episodes.
From the geomorphological surveys it appears that the paleo-geography of the area was made up of main watercourses with a SW-NE direction that from the Apennine folds, with straight riverbeds, entered the Adriatic Sea. At the same time their tributaries, inserted in the synclines and along the lines of old faults, had a hydrographic trend perpendicular to the former.
More Info: www.frasassi.com
The splendid city of Loreto, immersed in the Marche countryside, owes its fame to the sanctuary where the Holy House of the Virgin Mary is preserved and venerated; a sacred place, defined by John Paul II as the “true Marian heart of Christianity”.
The sanctuary has been for centuries and is still today one of the most important places of pilgrimage in the Catholic world. It has been visited by about 200 saints and blessed, and by many Popes.
According to an ancient tradition, today proven by historical and archaeological research, the Holy House is precisely the house of Nazareth in which Mary was born, educated and received the angelic announcement.
The house consisted of a masonry room composed of three stone walls placed at the end of a cave carved into the rock.
More Info: www.comune.loreto.an.it